Monday, April 27, 2009

A Humble Suggestion

As a Canberra blogger I feel it is my civic duty to notify you, or at least those of you who reside in Canberra, about two very exciting gigs coming up in our own little city. Two gigs featuring two of my favourite bands; bands I've posted and gushed over, possibly to the point of hyperbole, on this here blog.

The Drones, my favourite Australian band in recent memory (or at least since Augie March fell rather spectacularly from grace with their last two releases) are playing at the ANU Bar this Thursday the 30th of April. I posted about their show at Melbourne Laneway a few months back, and can't wait to see them again. Their live show, like their amazing latest album Havilah, is a truly mesmerising, devastating, primal and at times darkly humorous experience, and I thoroughly, thoroughly recommend you attend. Tickets through Ticketek.

The Drones - The Drifting Housewife



I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Ratatat are really very fuckin' cool. I wrote this thing in my uni magazine about how they combine the best of hip hop, electronica and rock into a totally new and very sexy beast, and my co-editor added a simile involving a hairy Biggie Smalls. True or not, this gig promises to be a really fun time, and great for your street cred. If you don't believe me, just listen to Seventeen Years. Yeah. I know. I'm right, right? They play the ANU Bar on Sunday the 10th of May. Tickets also through Ticketek.

Ratatat - Seventeen Years

1 comment:

Tara said...

Ahhhh, I'm really excited for the Drones! I've only ever seen them at festivals, which was good, but I've been hanging out to see them do their own thing for ages.
Although at Stonefest, Gareth totally ate some chips about five feet away from me.
Thrills and spills!