Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Winter's Love

...
Colored Smoke by Helmo via It's Nice That

I've been thinking about how I'm going to spend my upcoming stimulus package (or 'Rudmunny' as my friend Katy calls it) and have decided to appease our charming PM and spend it up good. Spend it up real good on a new wardrobe to keep me both toasty and dashing this winter.

However, my new year's resolution this year was quite simple: buy less stuff. And so far, I've totally stuck to it - I've hardly bought a single item that wasn't food-related all year. This may be attributable to the fact that I also haven't had a job all year and my unemployment benefits don't really leave much room for Dolce and Gabbana, but whateves, I'm still counting this as a major achievement.

And in the spirit of that achievement, I've decided to try and go as minimalist as possible this winter. I'm going to buy a few classic, versatile and grown-up pieces - I'm thinking muted tones and geometric silhouettes, hopefully find some op shop gems and jazz it all up with a few dramatic, homemade accessories and some bright as bright tights.

Consider the following my inspiration board:



a small collection
malene birger

satorialist

ozetta

And a tune to match:

Animal Collective - Winter's Love


PS. I feel real guilty for abandoning yee all this past month, so I'm going to try and redeem myself the best way I know how and post every day for the next week.
Or every other day.
Maybe.

1 comment:

Toddette said...

Gorgeous!