Friday, February 20, 2009

When I'm feeling blue

I know in my last post I promised a rundown of all the exciting and interesting things I did in Melbourne, but the last two weeks have been a bit average for me and unfortunately I haven't gotten around to it. But soon, maybe. In the last couple of weeks I have managed to start a great new job, a job which I really enjoyed (rare). Then get fired, one week later. How tragic is that? The recession has finally affected my life in a tangible way, it just had to be the worst kind of way. Apparently the reason I was "let go" or "put to pasture" (I'm not kidding, this phrase was actually used) was to do with money, but I can't help wondering if it was really because I was crap at my job. Which I don't think I was, but one can't help wondering.

Either way, this whole episode has left me feeling rather blue and when I'm feeling blue I like to cheer myself up with a nice hot cup of earl grey tea, served in a pretty blue teapot. Accompanied by a mint slice (or two, in this case it was definitely two) and a couple of my favourite magazines. Bliss.



A day trip to Sydney yesterday with my lovely friend Grace, also helped lift my damaged spirits. We had planned to go to the Yinka Shonibare exhibition at the MCA, but unfortunately it had finished so we decided to go shopping in Surry Hills instead. I kept my purchases to a minimum, I thought it wise considering my lack of income, and only bought two things.


This ball of string, perfect for wrapping up all my brown paper packages. Check out the helpful label.


And this bad-ass belt, perfect for the amateur wrestling league I recently joined.

1 comment:

Julia said...

I'm hearing ya, sista. Had any good small business ideas lately?
Lovely photos!