Thursday, February 26, 2009

Of Animals.



I've been doing a lot of thinking, and i've come to the conclusion we need to post more music. So, i'd like to share with you my love of Merriweather Post Pavilion (and yes, i don't care that this album has already had the shit hyped out of it), and introduce to you Ophelia, the greatest rabbit that ever there be.

Roughly three weeks ago before departing for the shambles that was Melbourne Laneway, i bought season 2 of Weeds (omg, brilliant! Right?), The Crying Light by Antony, and Merriweather Post Pavilion by Animal Collective. I got home with my loot, pretty desperate to put on Animal Collective (whom, as a group, i love, love, love) and closest friends, I almost died.

My dear little heart almost exploded with joy on first listen to 'In the Flowers'! I can't remember the last time my body erupted in goosebumps from the simple melody of a song. And then, every single other song on the album turned out to be pure bliss! They're songs to dance to, songs to sing with, songs to sit in awe of; and they're all so accessible! There is no reason why any one shouldn't like this album! It's brilliant! It's going to be hard to knock this album off the pedestal of 'favourite' for this year.

My other favourite song from the album is' Brother Sport'.


And then there's Ophelia....




My god, cutest thing in the world? Definitely.




Agghh! So cute!

1 comment:

Scoop said...

Oh my! What an adorable little bunny!!!