Sunday, September 7, 2008

A rather apathetic film review


I took this pic from another blog, felt less lame then having a still from the film

Do you ever have things that for some reason are just totally off your radar, yet on it, but you completely ignore them? Well, Hellboy was like that for me. Emphasis on was, as I just watched it on TV last night. And I rather enjoyed it. I really don’t know why I hadn’t seen it before considering it is directed by Guillermo Del Toro, who rocks and stars Selma Blair who also rocks (mainly because, seriously, wouldn’t being Marc Jacobs' muse be the shit?). Plus it was referenced a lot in the OC, which back in the day (high school…yesterday) was a favourite show of mine and if Seth Cohen loved it so did I. Recently of course, with the release of Hellboy 2, the film has been back on my radar and I was planning on watching it soon. Though to be totally honest I probably wouldn’t have. I’m kind of lazy like that. Anyway, it was all okay in the end, because like always television came through for me. It’s so reliable like that. In fact, it came through big time last night. Freaky Friday, followed by Pretty Woman and then Hellboy. So good when you’re kind of hung over and getting off the couch seems like the WORST POSSIBLE THING EVER. I watched it with my Dad who enjoyed it as well methinks, as he stayed up way past his usual bedtime. Bit of Dad & daughter time, trying to make up for the fact that I didn’t get him a present for Father’s Day…so apart from being a reason to post, Hellboy is a pretty good film kids. Watch it, or don’t. With a recommendation like "pretty good film", how could you risk not seeing it?

{Plus Rasputin features in the film and I believe I have expressed my love of things Rasputin related before.}

No comments: