Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Give it to me Antony (uh huh, uh huh).


I have been a big fan of Antony Hegarty for quite some time. In fact, selling my ticket to see him at the State Theatre back in 2006 currently holds top spot in my five biggest musical blunders.

It seems the blogging world has gone a little nuts recently over his latest act Hercules and Love Affair, and rightly so. They are currently rocking my socks off. So instead of raving about H&LA like these guys do, and these guys do, and hell, just about every other trendy net-press, i'm declaring my love for Antony in the form of a carefully crafted ode to Antony mix. Excellent.

As you'll see gorgeous readers, i've included stuff from his work with the Johnsons, two of my favourite Hercules and Love Affair tracts, some beautiful collaborations and a pretty crazy-awesome cover.




Beautiful Boyz- Coco Rosie (ft. our man of the moment).

All there is to tell- Reuben Butchart (ft. Antony- uh huh, uh huh).

Dull Flame of Desire- Bjork (ft. Antony-smantony).



And to conclude this post i found this hilarious Antony/Bjork related news article.

Love,
Jaimie.
PS- Sorry, links to songs are fixed now...

1 comment:

Julia said...

oh, and the charisma, Jaimie, you failed to mention the charisma! never in my life have i experienced such amazing storytelling...
yep, that's gotta be a musical blunder, if i ever saw one.
if it makes you feel any better, your replacement was rather endearing, and awfully excited to find that anyone would be stupid enough to sell their ticket...