Sunday, April 18, 2010

Oh Karin Dreijer Andersson!

Karin Dreijer Andersson as Fever Ray


Wow, I knew I wasn't on form last year in terms of being up to date with new music, but how the hell did I miss Fever Ray?!

Karin Dreijer Andersson (aka the chick from the Knife) released her debut solo album last year under the name 'Fever Ray'. It's freaking BRILLIANT! Incredibly dark in places but with the unmistakable electronic sounds of the Knife circa 'Deep Cuts'.

Also, did you know that Karin Dreijer Andersson was also the vocalist in one of my other favourite Swedish bands 'Honey is Cool'? I didn't. Amazing! ALSO, did you know the Knife are bringing 'Tomorrow, in a year' to Australia in October? AMAZING!

As far as I am concerned, she can do no wrong.

These clips are up there with my favourite music videos ever. Though, be warned. They're a little dark...

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Fever Ray - one of my favourite albums of 2009. Can't wait for October!