Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Joanna, harpist of my heart

v
Tomorrow evening, Jaimie, Vannessa and I will be seeing Joanna Newsom perform at our fair city's little playhouse. I am so excited I have fashioned a highly detailed miniature wire harp I intend to pin to my hair.

My gentleman friend and I were lucky enough to witness her performance with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra at the Sydney Opera house a few years back, and it was one of the more glorious nights of my life. I remember spending a significant portion of it marveling at the choice of upholstery in the theatre (fluorescent pink!) and the rest of it feeling completely enchanted by Joanna and her whimsical tales and beautiful tones. She is divine.

If you don't believe me, listen to this. Its quirky story and hearty yelps were the highlight of the Opera House gig:

Joanna Newsom - Colleen

The Playhouse promises to provide a sumptuously intimate performance, and If I'm not mistaken there are still tickets available. I highly, highly recommend you get thee one immediately. You can do so here.