Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Of Candy, Empty Promises and Terrariums.

dd
Friends,

I know lately it seems like all I've done is promise recipes, and have yet to deliver, but, cross my heart and hope to die, I have a whole heap lined up to give you in these last two weeks before I depart for my Indian adventure. Seriously, I've taken photos and everything.

Oh, also, you should know that I've solved my Secret Santa dilemma (not that you ever knew about it, or cared - but I'm just so proud of myself that I have to share). I'm going to make mine a terrarium! (a cute little one! in a jar!) Hopefully it will turn out something like this one, from TheOakLeaves's etsy shop:



Then, if it's a success I'm going to make one for each of my bedside tables.

But if you'll excuse me, right now I have to dash to the supermarket, buy ingredients and make these. Pronto. I don't even care if it's 10pm.

Sincerely &c.

Julia.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Did you end up making them? I've ALWAYS wanted to do this but have found the whole gravel/soil mixing combination thingo a bit tedious....

Julia said...

Oh yes, I certainly did. I opted for an open one of succulents, because the whole moss/fernery thing seemed a bit tricky. I'm away at the moment, but will post all about it when I return. Definitley worth a try.