Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hey You Handsome Vultures



Kittens and love poodles,

It appears I've been on summer vacation for the past two months. I've spent the time being introspective and my dearest millionaires, I have some mighty plans in the works. The first includes helping return our blog to its former, slightly less trashy glory. Consider it my new years resolution.

During this summer-time I also had the realisation that somewhere between writing about the joys and agony of breastfeeding, and single-handedly saving Canberra's drug affected young people, I became a bore and lost any resemblance of a person with street cred. I have come to the realisation that I am epically uncool. I'm so uncool I was one of those idiots who walks around thinking they're cool while listening to Sleigh Bells or some other over hyped band played extensively on Triple J, dressed entirely in florals. You know the type of person I'm talking about dear friends. As a final nail in my coffin, I'm so uncool I've started trusting Pitchfork again. Bam. Oh God, 2010 what have you done to me? You've turned me into a try-hard-faux-hipster. A tryster.

I'm not quite ready to drop florals, but I plan to make changes in what and how I post. Though don't worry, Mad Crush Monday will remain a regular (and BRILLIANT!) feature.

I guess it's also worth mentioning that we're currently undergoing some changes here at Number One Millionaire. The most exciting/sad is that our beloved Julia will now be hailing from Melbourne. I've just started an exciting new job and Vanessa has has a whole world of cool going on, which I'm sure she'll be sharing with you soon.


So on that note, welcome to 2011. I hope your plans for it are as exciting as mine.

Xx

No comments: